Nailah’s 6 Quick Tips On Why An Agency Is WAY Better Than Hiring Another Employee…
One of the questions I encounter a lot when talking to prospective clients about what we do and how we help them is:
“Why should I hire an agency? Wouldn’t it be better to just hire an employee?”
Brands are often nervous about handing over the keys to their digital marketing vehicle to an agency. And I understand why. The work we do puts us on the frontlines of a brand’s marketing, sales, and customer service departments. We interact with their audience on a day-to-day basis. We shape the message and create the conversations. Often brands think that this type of work should be done in-house. But hiring an agency actually provides you with all of the benefits of an in-house hire plus more.
Agencies provide you with:
- Specialized Expertise – We live, sleep and breathe digital marketing. You can try to find someone who has as much experience within the industry as our collective agency team does or you can find an agency who understands your industry and knows exactly how to navigate the digital landscape.
- Proven Methodology – We know what works and what doesn’t. We don’t have to waste your precious time or your marketing dollars testing everything out. We’re constantly researching new and improved ways to get your content/product/brand seen. We have a system. It works. Why start from scratch?
- Lower Cost – Factor in the cost of training, onboarding, benefits, and annual salary and you’ll very quickly realize that hiring an agency can be much more cost effective.
- Longevity – Employees come and go. The right agency partner is in it for the long haul, if that’s what you’re looking for. We can do the short haul, too. Which leads us to…
- Flexibility – Maybe you’re not looking for a long term employee. With an agency, you have the flexibility to scale up and scale down when needed. You can add more hours for special projects or launches. We’re in the business of getting $h*t done, not sitting behind a desk collecting a paycheck.
- (wo)Man Power – You get a whole team rather than depending on one person! That’s the power of the agency. You get a team full of people with different backgrounds and experiences that all revolve around your needs.
Look, we get it. Brands want an internal person because they believe they would better understand and promote the brand message. But it’s key to find the right agency partner who becomes a part of your team and has as much passion, drive and excitement – if not more – for your product or service.