5 skills for content marketing
- Foster an experimental mindset for testing and iteration. Language patterns and digital consumption keep changing and content marketers must contently try new approaches
- Think like a reader (and a search engine). Human readers come first, but content needs to be organized in a way that optimizes its relevance to search engines.
- Apply journalistic curiosity to create useful and credible content. What’s the story and what’s its impact on the reader?
- Understand social platforms for listening and distribution. Two-way dialogue strengthens brand loyalty. Discussion and debate extend the lifespan of your content.
- Motivate your audience. Use data and feedback to decide which calls to action work best.